1300 LAB SYS1300 522 797
COVID-19 Coronavirus Protocol
Laboratory Systems Group have implemented the protocol below in accordance with the advice that has been issued by
the Australian Government.
Laboratory Systems Group will identify if there is a risk to the health of all employees by determining exposure to COVID-19 at their workplace, we will do this by:
- Monitoring expert advice by Australian Government bodies.
- Review infection control policies, procedures and practices.
- Educate all employees on new information with regular Email updates and staff meetings.
- Restrict all non-essential travel and meetings
Laboratory Systems Group will eliminate or minimise risks. The type of control measures required depends on the level of risk:-
- Provide products to allow employees to maintain good hygiene practices.
- Advising any employees to self-isolate at home for 14 days if:-
- In the last 14 days if they have been in any foreign countries listed by the Department of Health & Human Services.
- They have been in contact with confirmed cases of COVID-19
- If the employee is experiencing flu-like symptoms regardless if they have travelled overseas or had close contact with a confirmed case, the employee must NOT attend work and seek medical advice.
If an employee thinks they may be at risk of infection of carrying COVID-19
- The employee must raise this with their Manager immediately.
- Laboratory Systems Group will ask the employee to seek medical clearance.
- If the employee/s are not fit for work due to contracting the COVID-19 they should remain isolated for 14 days.
Laboratory Systems Group employees have increased the level of personal hygiene in our office including:
- On arrival and departure of the office using alcohol based hand sanitiser.
- Always washing hands with soap and water before eating and after visiting the bathroom.
- Covering their nose and mouth when coughing sneezing and disposing of tissues immediately.
- Avoiding close contact with anyone whom has cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Avoid all physical interaction, including shaking hands, hugging or kissing.
- Social distancing—at least 1.5 metres away from others if possible and staggering break times.
- Reduce meetings and or have meetings outdoors if practical.
Thank you for your co-operation and support.
Max Arbrew Vicki Arbrew